- Why does an A note on a piano sound different from an A note on a violin?
If you pull up a tuner app on your phone and play an A note on a piano, the tuner will say ~440 hz. Do the same thing on a violin's A note and you'll also get 440 hz.
- The Sliding Window Pattern
2 Mar 2021
Chocolates and a way to make your array algorithms a bit faster.
- Passion Not Required: It’s OK to Only Program for a Paycheck
1 Mar 2021
You don’t need passion to be a programmer. Go get them paychecks!
- Remote-work surveillance software is vile
David Heinemeier Hansson
You could have hoped that as the pandemic wore on, the initial rush of companies to adopt employee-surveillance software would peter out. They’d realize that the biggest problem with working remotely is usually not that employees work too little, but that they work too much. No such luck. Employee-s…
- A note on boredom, anonymity, and declinism
27 Feb 2021
It’s interesting to see how the amount of ennui in our society increases simultaneously as technology advances. We are doing something wrong. Technology and its rapid advancement can be not o…
- How to parse boolean or numeric values in fastify query string
5 Oct 2020
- Add an Access-Control-Allow-Origin Header using Cloudflare Workers
21 Oct 2020
If you have set a cookie free domain or CDN and your fonts are broken and not showing then it might be due to Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). There should be a way to control what resources from…