- An abundance of caring (for yourself, and in turn those close to you)
11 Jan 2021
This post started as a few simple sentences for my brother; tips on how to lose fat and manage blood sugar better. I decided to write them down as a reminder to myself, or anyone, especially those in middle age, as I’m starting the year with a health drive.
- Would You Rather Be Uninformed Or Misinformed?
Is it better to have no facts about a topic and thus no opinion, or have access to a few “out of context” facts and thus a misinformed opinion?
- I only know you from above the shoulders
20 Jan 2021
One of my lovely colleagues made an small speech during a recent meeting. She was delighted to announce that she was heading off on maternity leave next month and looked forward to seeing us all next year once the pandemic was over.
- The Irrevocable SSL certificates of CloudFlare
I moved this website ‘worldofmatthew.com’ away from CloudFlare back in August 2020.That should have been the end of the relation with CloudFlare for my website.
- The harmful assumptions we make about tasks
12 Dec 2020
How they hurt us, and how to correct them
- Write Crypto Code! Don’t publish it!
1 Feb 2014
Today I’m talking about this code. It’s PHP code that’s supposed to do encryption. It’s ugly, broken, and insecure, but we can learn from it. Thanks to @voodooKobra for pointing me to the code.
- Please Stop Encrypting with RSA Directly
21 Jan 2021
RSA is for encrypting symmetric keys, not entire messages. Pass it on.