- Convex and Concave Dispositions
One of the major philosophical differences that I have noticed in how people approach making large-scale decisions in the world is how they approach the age-old tradeoff of compromise versus purity.
- 10 Powerful Life Skills for the New Decade
2 Jan 2021
Powerful life skills from powerful people that most people don’t know about.
- Don’t complete their thought
3 Jan 2021
I’ve recently been thinking about why listening can be very difficult. One aspect that always comes to mind, a practice that is exceptionally
- Load testing is hard, and the tools are... not great. But why?
If you're building an application that needs to scale—and we all tell ourselves that we are—then at some point you have to figure out if it does or not. This is where load testing comes in: if you want to see whether or not your application can handle scale, "just" generate scale and see if it can handle it!
- You might want to block Pinterest to save your data
5 Jan 2021
I guess this is the first blog post of the new year, even though I’m not someone who is keen on celebrating a new year, I sincerely hope every one would have a very bright 2021. Most of you are enjoying unlimited internet at your homes, but sadly I’m coming from a part of the world that charges a
- Ditherpunk — The article I wish I had about monochrome image dithering
4 Jan 2021
I always loved the visual aesthetic of dithering but never knew how it’s done. So I did some research. This article may contain traces of nostalgia and none of Lena.
- What I Learnt Reading 80 Articles On Product Validation
I created a site called validationguide.com (using Ghost) to host all this research. Upon researching the topic, I realized something, Almost all product validation methods for successful bootstrapped companies are the same...
- Telegram publishes users’ locations online.
4 Jan 2021
A few years ago, while using the Line app, I noticed a feature called “People nearby.” The feature lets you connect with other Line users wi...
- How I got to the HN front page three times in a row
Francesco Di Lorenzo
In the past month, I managed to get to the Hacker News front page three times in a row.
- Why we gave ourselves 6 months to make our company work
An ultimatum was what we needed to change our paths.
- My Google Traffic Has Fallen to Zero
5 Jan 2027
Google’s December 2020 Core Update drove this website’s traffic to new highs, then it fell to zero.
- How To Make Seamless Patterns
4 Jan 2021
Sometimes, when we make seamless patterns out of several objects, we need to deal with the situations where the objects are on the borders. Usually we create copies of the objects and place them at proper positions to make the tiling work with no seams.